A view of Erie, Weld County, Colorado, includes a group of wood houses on flat terrain, with a mountain range in the distance, and a dirt road and trees in front. A large building has a sign reading, "Erie House;" others are marked "Feed and Livery" and "Cash Store." Corrals, false front buildings, and flagpoles are visible, and a horse-drawn wagon is on one of the dirt streets.
Formerly F23232.; Hand-written in ink on back of photoprint: "Mr. and Mrs. Frank Konantz and family move to Erie from Central City May 1 - 1876 buying the stone meat marker from Lafayette Miller he later moved to Lafayette and later laid out the town of Lafayette which was named after him. Property of Mrs. Wm. Whiles." Hand-written in pencil: "#5 R64"; Photoprint and card mounted are torn; tears are repaired on the back with cloth tape.; Photoprint is mounted on cardboard with rounded corners.; Title hand-written on original negative or photoprint; also "Hawkins & Rutter, Colorado."; R7100082639
1 copy photonegative ; 10 x 13 cm. (4 x 5 in.); 1 photoprint ; 19 x 24 cm. (7 1/2 x 9 1/2 in.)
Restrictions applying to use or reproduction of this image available from the Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library.
Reproduction Available for Purchase
Yes (digital reproduction)
Type of Material
Film negatives.; Photographic prints.; Imaged.; Image