Exterior view of Manitou Springs Pavilion and Cliff House, looking north, in Manitou Springs, Colorado. The pavilion is a shingle roof style building with a waist high rusticated stone foundation, a gabled roof and cupola; one part is enclosed, and one part is open air, with fancy woodwork in the apexes of the gables in the forms of sunbursts. In the foreground is the wooden footbridge across Ruxton Creek. A phaeton and horse are parked near the bridge, to the right the gazebo over Navajo Spring shows past the bushes. In the center of the image is the Cliff House, a three story frame structure with a wrap around porch, hipped gabled roof, and a square tower in the center. The south wing is a simple two story gable roofed frame structure with jigsaw work in the gable apex. In the left is the J. B. Wheeler residence, and in the background are hills dotted with scrub. Powerlines crisscross the scene.
[between 1887 and 1890?]
At head of title: 401.; See also x-1564.; Title reproduced on photoprint from hand-lettering on photonegative.; R7100017016
1 photoprint on cabinet card ; 12 x 19 cm. (4 1/2 x 7 1/2 in.)
Manitou Springs (Colo.)--1880-1890.; Hotels--Colorado--Manitou Springs--1880-1890.; Cliff House (Manitou Springs, Colo.)
Restrictions applying to use or reproduction of this image available from the Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library.